Wednesday 1 March 2017

The flight and orientation week

The days leading up to the big day I was full of excitement. Knowing that I would soon be living in Argentina for 5 months brings a new challenge to me. The new adventures that I will experience, the new people I would meet, as well as becoming more educated on a whole other culture.
Saying goodbye to my family proved difficult, as they have put in so much of their time and effort to provide me with this once in a lifetime opportunity.

I departed New Zealand on the 22nd of February from Auckland with Alfie, a fellow exchange student to Buenos Aires. We then took a van to Rosario where we were greeted by other exchange students ranging in nationalities. Rosario was much hotter and humid than I had anticipated and was felt throughout the entire duration of my stay in Rosario. We stayed in Rosario for 4 nights, where we were we had Spanish lessons, orientation meetings, and walks throughout the city. We had the opportunity to visit the popular landmarks including el parque de EspaƱa and plaza de 25 de mayo. I enjoyed being able to explore the city, and also making friends with exchange students on a similar journey to me.


I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mari and the team at NZIIU for making this exchange happen, and also my parents that have used so much of their time organising the paper work and organising myself. I cannot thank them enough.


.

























No comments:

Post a Comment